Thursday, May 24, 2012

Alf Movie

ALF MovieDo you remember Alf? Yep, that science-fiction family TV series from the late 1980's. It was revolving around Alf (an acronym for Alien Life Form), a friendly extraterrestrial, who crash lands in the garage of the Tanners, a suburban middle-class family. Well, looks like Alf is going to make it to the big screen, or so hopes Paul Fusco, the creator of Alf.

Fusco told THR that he's been working on a potential movie adaptation and he's now confident of its potential. He is now set to pitch the project to a major studio in a few weeks.

"I think the timing is right. That’s a big important thing, timing. There have been movies out there of characters that I didn’t think were on the same parallel as ALF that got movies made, so I think it’s time. I think it could be a home run on a lot of levels.
[...]
ALF could be more outspoken now than ever, because the world is a whole different place than the ’80s. And I think the character still stands up and certainly has more to say now than ever. I think we would approach it in a fresh way. I don’t think we would duplicate the TV show, but I think we would maybe put it in a storyline where we would explain how ALF got here and put him with a new family and let the character speak for himself."
Paul Fusco, the creator of Alf


Here's the opening of the original TV series:



I totally agree with Paul Fusco: Alf deserves his own movie. Can't wait to see the funny alien cracking jokes at the theater.

Anyway, more details about the movie Alf soon!
:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment